- I have my first three hour exam tomorrow. Wish me luck? Uhm o.O
- I just finished the final section of notes for said exam - namely, the sections covering International Law and its relationship with Australian domestic law, Human Rights law and immigration detention, and Indigenous claims to special rights (land rights, mostly.) I sat back and stared at it for a while. Then I labelled it 'Australia: Reasons Why We Fail' in big red letters. Ugh.
- I think my cousin knows me too well. He's a comic book fanatic, and when I visited him the other day he offered to let me borrow copious amounts of Deadpool and Cable ("Cable and I, we have this don't ask, don't tell thing going on..." "Seeing as he has a lot of my brain, I figured I could take his pancreas. It's only a little pancreas.") and also this other one called the Authority. It involves
Supermana solar-powered super-strong flying dude and Batmana black leather cowl-wearing vigilante who likes to kill shit spending a lot of time kissing, getting married, kissing some more, and adopting the spirit of the 21st century. Her name is Jenny.
- Just as I was beginning to get addicted to Q&A it finishes for the year. Nevermind. The lack of a fistfight between Joe Hockey and David Marr (who put those two next to each other? Whoever it is, I think I love them) was made up for by the
ridiculousawesome rap at the end.
- Someone I know offered to lend me the new Twilight soundtrack. My instinctive reaction of AHH TWILIGHT KILL IT, KILL IT WITH FIRE was stopped short by the realisation that it had exclusive content from the Killers, Thom Yorke and the Editors, and a Muse remix. Whut. How. Why. Damn you, Brandon Flowers, damn you very much. You make me abandon my principles. Specifically my anti-sparkling-dickwad-vampires-and-
Here, have some Russian dancers mucking about on the beach during the Ballet Russes Australian tour in 1939.
For... no particular reason. Oh shut up, you.
- Exams are upon me, officially, from today. Study break has begun, and I remember why study does not agree with me. I cannot focus on one thing for more than a few... I'm sorry, I lost the end of that sentence, I was thinking about Batman. And if I fail because I'm writing genderswap fic, blame _lady_vanilla_and the ridiculous amounts of win she is made of.
- oni_butterflyis awesome. ALGERNON THE NINJA KATANA OF DOOM SAYS HI, BB.
- I found out there are two schools of thought regarding Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day'; 1) that this girl is the only thing that 'keeps him hanging on' to life and all that, in a very sweet simple way, and 2) the ironic version, as backed up by the ending 'you will reap just what you sow', in which this girl gave him a perfect day and yet keeps him hanging on the edge. I can't decide which one to go with.
- THE ABOVE HAS BOTHERED ME ALL DAY. I HAD TROUBLE TALKING TO PEOPLE. I WAS TOO BUSY WORRYING ABOUT LOU DAMN
- I have found myself watching Rush solely because I find Samuel Johnson utterly adorable. He's all scruffy. And alcoholic. And socially impaired in the most charming way possible. Basically, he has my look - the beaten-up-puppy-dog look - and I cringe at the plot and the dialogue but I keep watching. Hello, Mr Shallow, come sit in the Character Flaw Room, you'll find many firends to talk to. (Also, seems every cop show on Aussie tv has a
lipsticklesbian. Interesting. I did not know that was now a genre requirement.)
Today, I had my first ever uni exam.
(Law of torts, if you're interested)
I did not die.
I did not get lost on the way there.
I did not arrive to discover everything was written in latin.
I did not run out of time. I did not run out of ink.
There were no zombies.
There were no robot ninjas.
Flying saucers did not emerge from the skies to battles hordes of rather camp rainbow dragons in the skies above.
I did, however, sneeze at one point.
Needless to say, with strength and endurance I survived that and continued on.
My emotion upon realising it was over?