I'm home. Back home. With broadband
. No more waiting half an hour to get to the log on screen for lj. No more stupid error messages eating all my comments. I can actually load images. And videos... OH GOD THE VIDEOS!
It feels so good.
And makes me realise how depressingly addicted I am to *waves arms in a flaily manner* all this stuff. The interwebs.
It was a good holiday, though, and I saw a Beckett play and the Dali exhibition, and I stretched not much money to cover a ridiculous number of clothes from amazing shops, including a sort of Indian looking green silk scarf, a too-short black dress (I never can help myself) and some sweet stripey jeans. A BOOSH T-SHIRT. And black leather rounded toe brass buttoned petite little heeled boots.
But that is uninteresting to anyone except me. *pets new boots*
Oh yeah, and the Ashes. The bloody, bloody Ashes. I'm not a cricket watcher, but my parents are, and holiday=one television, which leads therefore to the dark realm of 'no other choice'. BUT. But but but. I have a new respect for this game now.
It breaks the space time continuum.
Seriously! In what other game can so much happen during a period of time when, looked at realistically, absolutely nothing at all is happening? It's like a well-brought up black hole with some strange, eccentric mannerisms, an unhealthy obsession with a patch of grass and men of varying degrees of cuteness running around in white pants that are loose everywhere but
around the ass. Conspiracy, clearly.
I also made these observations:
- They worry a lot about rain
- Flintoff giggles. And it is adorable.
- England didn't seem to be trying very hard
- I don't understand what 'the follow-on' is or why it means Australia misses a go at batting
- My parents ignore me when I ask questions (see above) because they are too busy debating the merits of "putting another slip at third"... or something... IDEK what they are talking about.
- Hilfenhaus kind of looks like Karl Urban. If you squint. Alright, fine. Not that much. But he reminds me of Karl.
And concerning this weeks Bugle, I love the fact Andy wasn't concentrating because he was watching Ashes replays. And that John was resigned to the fact. And that Tom has an Aussie wife and is supporting Australia. And how this makes Andy all rant-y.
I hope John gets his plane on time :)